Rules of Conduct
TL;DR—Play nice with others; don’t be an ass!
For those of you who actually take the time to read this, the rules of conduct are guidelines that we ask you to follow while playing TERA and participating on our websites. It's safe to say that these may change from time to time, so it’s worth checking back every once in a while.
Ignorance of the rules does not excuse violation of them. Violations may result in temporary suspensions or permanent destruction of your account.
- TERA is a mature-rated game. This rating comes from aspects of the game design; it does not mean you get to act like an ass. In fact, by definition that would be immature.
- Do not attack someone personally, including their race, gender, religion, nationality, ethics, sexual preference, or personal beliefs. Keep it clean.
- Your account is for your use and your use alone. Do not grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
- Avoid using copyrighted and trademarked material.
- Do not pretend to be an En Masse or Bluehole Studios employee unless you want to be banned.
- Don’t harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable.
- Do not post or use graphic sexual, grotesque, or violent language or images. There are enough websites out there for this. We don’t need another one.
- Child predation or pornography = BAN! And possibly the authorities get involved, too.
- Do not share personal information about yourself or other individuals.
- Masked profanity: We all know you can use l33t 5p34k to mask bad stuff. Don’t do it.
- Real money solicitations: As if MMOs need more spamming for gold. This also includes power-leveling services, selling characters, items, or anything else. These services lead to account theft, credit card fraud, and stolen identities. It also sucks.
- Advertising your own or someone else’s business or ventures is not acceptable behavior.
- Scamming: This is like stealing. Don't do it.
- Spamming: We get it. You have some awesome armor for sale. Saying it every five seconds is not the way to sell it.
- Cheating: Do not use third party programs, macros, client side hacks, or other things that give you an unfair advantage in the game. Just because others haven’t gotten caught (yet) doesn't mean you should do it.
- Gambling: Running or participating in a gambling-for-gold operation within the game is a no-no.
- Hacking: This goes without saying, but don’t hack us or someone else. Don't distribute or promote material related to this. It’s not cool.
- Trolling: You don’t want to be "that person."
- Spamming support: We want your questions, and we want to answer them—but sending us 100 emails about the same subject before we get the chance to answer the first one only slows us down more. It also increases the response time for other players.
- Game exploits: let us know about these instead of exploiting them. If you use TERA’s game mechanics in any way the GMs deem unsportsmanlike or that deviates from the spirit of the game, the GM staff will not only make frownie faces at you, but possibly pursue disciplinary action.
- Private servers: Do not participate, promote, or set one up.
- CAPS LOCK: Avoid excessive use of the caps lock. It can get annoying.
- Don't include hidden links to websites.
- Rule 24 said "Don't make empty forum posts."
- Do not request, arrange, or offer pirated materials, illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
- Do not use a foreign language in an effort to avoid getting caught for breaking these rules.
- Our employees will use their discretion to interpret if any action warrants moderation, whether it is mentioned here or not. We also have a magic genie that grants us the ability to make more rules, but we'd rather use those powers to make cool stuff for you.
^ Back to Top