May 13, 2014 (server updates begin at 7 a.m. PDT)
New DPS Class: Reaper
Special Starting Area: Ashen Hope
- Ashen Hope sees the destruction of Pora Elinu and the birth of a new class.
- After creating a reaper character, the player starts at level 50 in Ashen Hope.
- Reaper characters must first complete the Ashen Hope starting area before they’re able to join other players in the world of TERA.
Basic Reaper Information
- Reaper character creation is unlocked once a player has at least one character level 40 or higher on that server.
- Reaper is a mid-range DPS class. Although it’s easier to attack enemies with longer reach, reapers are susceptible to taking higher damage than other leather-armored classes. Players need to utilize various survival skills to cancel out enemy attacks and adjust distances while attacking.
- Reaper skills are made to create more chains and combos than other classes and offer more exciting gameplay and skill patterns.
- Reapers are restricted to elins.
- Reapers use the following equipment.
- Weapon: Scythe (new!)
- Armor: Leather
- The reaper can only equip gear labeled for that class.
- Reapers can obtain equipment from the following sets.
- Royal Escort set (Ashen Hope zone)
- Oculus Set (tier 13, dropped in Balder’s Temple)
- Artisan-Crafted Bloodhoned set (tier 14)
- Wonderholme set (tier 14)
- Lead Reaper: Awarded to the first reaper to log into the server. This is a unique server achievement.
- Reaper Secundus: Awarded to the first reaper on the server to reach level 58. This is a unique server achievement.
- Reaper Prime: Awarded to the first reaper on the server to reach level 60. This is a unique server achievement.
- Prone to Violence: Used “Retaliate” skill to kill 1,000 monsters.
- Pull!: Used “Cable Step” 200 times.
- From Hell’s Heart: Used “Retribution” 200 times.
Crafting System Revamped
- Some crafting skills have been merged. There are now four total crafting skills.
- Weaponcrafting: merge of weaponsmithing and focuscrafting
- Armorcrafting: merge of leatherworking, tailoring and armorsmithing
- Etching (new craft for level 60 players only)
- For weaponcrafting and armorcrafting, your highest-ranked crafting is used for the merged skill. If weaponsmithing was 250 and focuscraft was 100, your new weaponcrafting skill is 250.
Recipe merchants have been changed according to the new crafting skills.
- Obsolete designs can no longer be used and can be sold back to the merchant for their original purchase price.
- Obsolete designs that were already learned will be removed from the crafting UI.
- Crafting skill gained from crafting has greatly increased.
- Each recipe now lists the skill level needed to craft an item.
- Recipes that can grant skill levels are colored green.
- Crafting quests are no longer available.
- Added 13 new achievements.
- The 26 previous achievements have moved to the legacy achievement category.
New Crafting Skill: Etching
- The etching craft creates etching scrolls which are applied to weapons, body armor, gloves, and boots to increase gear stats.
- Etching is only available to level 60 players.
- A guide quest, “Introduction to Etchings,” is automatically obtained by players at level 60.
- Etching scrolls can only be used on level 60 gear.
- Only one etching scroll can be applied to a piece of gear at one time.
- Etching scrolls generally have three-day durations, but sometimes proc a permanent version.
- Applying a new scroll on gear that’s already etched will overwrite the previous etching.
- Etching a piece of gear does not make it soulbound.
- Extra tooltips display on etched gear to show the additional effect.
Crafting UI Updated
- Bring up the crafting window by pressing [J] or going to Activities Menu -> Crafting.
- Material extraction is no longer part of crafting window. Extract window can be opened by going to Activities Menu -> Extract.
- Crafting UI
- Crafting UI displays crafting categories by crafting level and item type.
- Player’s current production point amount is displayed at the top.
- The skill points each craft grants is displayed.
- Crafting process window now pops out from the main UI while crafting.
- Player can check other recipes on the main crafting UI while crafting.
- Players are now able to specialize in a crafting profession and level it to 800.
- Each character can only specialize in one crafting profession.
- Other crafting professions can still be leveled to 500.
- Crafting recipes that require artisan rank indicate so in the tooltip.
- There are two ranks of crafting.
- Basic craft: Level 1–500
- All basic crafting professions levels have increased to 500.
- All characters can level all crafting professions up to 500.
- Once a character reaches level 500, you must unlock the next level rank in order to continue.
- Artisan craft: Level 500–800
- At level 500, the player may take an advancement test via the crafting UI to specialize in a profession.
- Once the player can specialize in a crafting profession, an up-arrow icon displays in the crafting UI for the specific profession.
- A system message displays for all eligible crafting professions: “You meet the requirement to advance your crafting.”
- If the player has already reached artisan in a crafting profession, the advancement specialization icon will not display.
- Crafting specialization progress displays for the profession you are testing for.
- Players can downgrade an artisan crafting profession by using the Reset Rank button.
- A revival fruit is required to reset a specialized crafting profession back to basic.
- It can be purchased from any crafting material NPCs under the Misc tab.
- Revival fruit costs 200g pre-tax.
- After downgrading, any specialization recipes you learned are lost, and that skill is reduced to 500.
- Any achievements you’ve earned will remain after resetting your specialization.
Critical and Flawless Crafting
- Some recipes now have a chance to crit when crafted.
- The crit result of crafting each item is displayed in the crafting UI.
- If you crit while refining material, you’ll receive more of that material.
- Etching crits create an improved version of the etching scroll or rare materials.
- Crits when crafting some weapons and armor create a flawless version of the crafted item.
- Flawless effect of the gear is displayed in the crafting UI after the design is learned.
- Crafting designs do not show the flawless version of the item created.
- Flawless gear can have improved stats or additional effects—such as deadly poison or pulsing flame—or make an unenchantable item enchantable.
- Player can add artisan additives while crafting to increase crit chance when crafting.
- Artisan additive increases crafting critical rate by 15 percent at artisan rank.
- Player can toggle on/off the use of artisan additives while crafting.
- Artisan additives can only be purchased via Valkyon Outfitters.
Gathering and Crafting Materials
- New materials can be gathered from gathering nodes.
- Scarabs for etching
- All plants: straw scarab
- All ores: elemental scarab
- All energy: aurora scarab
- Kaelic spark
- God’s tears (obtainable from xermetal and eresmetal nodes)
- Pure xermetal ores (added to xermetal and eresmetal nodes)
- Respawn times for all gatherables in the open world reduced to 30 seconds.
- Alliance territory’s gatherable spawn time remains the same.
- Some materials from leveling zones have been removed.
- Boss monsters no longer drop runes of titans. This includes: paverune of titans, silrune of titans, quoirune of titans, archrune of titans, and keyrune of titans.
- Conversion recipes have been added to convert the existing runes of titan to other materials.
- Convert: Paverune of Titans converts this rune into a tera rune.
- Convert: Silrune of Titans converts this rune into a triz rune.
- Convert: Quoirune of Titans converts this rune into an emya rune.
- Convert: Archrune of Titans converts this rune into a rowan rune.
- Convert: Keyrun of Titans converts this rune into an aeru rune.
- Removed the following runes of Shara:
- Silrune of Shara
- Quoirune of shara
- Archrune of Shara
- Keyrune of Shara
- Removed the following runes of Arun:
- Silrune of Arun
- Quoirune of Arun
- Archrune of Arun
- Keyrune of Arun
- Paverune of Shara and paverune of Arun remain in the game.
- Prices of some crafting materials have been increased.
- Crafting material crates now available through gameplay.
- Kitbash Crate
- Kezzel’s Gorge
- Shattered Fleet
- Balder’s Temple (solo and 5 -player)
- Wonderholme (Normal and Hard)
- Collaboration Crate
- Nexus Traverse
- Alliance vaults (solo and 5-player)
- Corsairs’ Stronghold reward boxes
- Kumasylum reward boxes
New Production System
- Productivity points are consumed every time a player gathers or crafts.
- Productivity points are consumed whether the gathering or crafting is successful, fails, or is cancelled.
- Productivity points are shared by all your characters on the same game server.
- After the server patch, each player will have 1,500 production points per server.
- Player can check their production points by going to Activities Menu -> Craft, or pressing [J].
- Player can earn five (5) productivity points every five (5) minutes of real time, online or offline.
- Production point restoration doesm't start until you log into a character on that server at least once after the patch.
- Productivity points have a cap of 4,000 points per game server.
- Players cannot perform a gathering or crafting action if there are not enough production points available.
- Players can check the production points required to gather or craft before doing so.
- Required crafting production points are displayed in the crafting status window.
- Required gathering production points are displayed on the tooltip of the node.
- Players can purchase a crafter’s cure potion from the peddler merchant in Velika to replenish 1,000 production points for 5,000g plus tax.
Skills UI and Glyphs Updated
- Players will now automatically learn glyphs upon leveling.
- Master glyphs are still acquired through dungeons and battlegrounds.
- Glyphs purchased but not used can be sold back to the merchant for their original price.
- Glyphs for skills players haven’t purchased don’t show up until the skills are obtained.
- Recommended glyphs function has been added.
- Skill and glyph UI have been integrated.
- Warrior: Combo Attack
- Added a buff that increases Combo Attack's speed by 20 percent for 10 seconds when Combo Attack makes 14 successful hits.
- An intermediary buff lasts 10 seconds, refreshing with each successful Combo Attack hit. The final boost is applied when this buff is stacked 14 times.
- Slayer: Combo Attack
- Added a buff that increases casting speed for Whirlwind by 20 percent when Combo Attack makes 4 successful hits.
- An intermediary buff lasts 10 seconds, refreshing with each successful Combo Attack hit. The final boost is applied when this buff is stacked 4 times.
- Once Whirlwind is used, the boost disappears.
- Berserker: Combo Attack
- Added a buff that reduces charging 20 percent when Combo Attack makes 4 successful hits.
- An intermediary buff lasts 10 seconds, refreshing with each successful hit. The final boost is applied when this buff is stacked 4 times.
- Once any charging skill is used, the boost disappears.
- Archer: Arrow
- Added a buff that increases attack speed for Penetrating Arrow by 20 percent when Arrow makes 10 successful hits.
- An intermediary buff lasts 10 seconds, refreshing with each successful Arrow hit. The final boost is applied when this buff is stacked 10 times.
- Once Penetrating Arrow is used, the boost disappears.
- Sorcerer: Magma Bomb
- Increased the area of effect if used after Backstep from 3m to 5m.
- Priest: Divine Radiance
- Changed from single hit to 4 combo hits.
- Metamorphic Blast has been set as the next skill on the chain after 4 combo hits of Divine Radiance.
- Mystic: Sharan Bolt
- Changed from single hit to 4 combo hits.
- Metamorphic Blast has been set as the next skill on the chain after 4 combo hits.
- Lancer: Combo Attack
- Known Issue: Lancer Combo Attack buff doesn't work in this build. When functioning, it will work as described below.
- Added a buff that increases casting speed for Shield Barrage by 20 percent when Combo Attack makes 8 successful hits.
- An intermediary buff lasts 10 seconds, refreshing with each successful Combo Attack hit. The final boost is applied when this buff is stacked 8 times.
- Once Shield Barrage is used, the boost disappears.
- Inner armor can now be equipped in the innerwear slot of your character profile.
- Players can obtain an undergarment bag by exchanging Goldfinger Tokens (right-click on the tokens).
- Goldfinger Tokens can be obtained by completing Balder’s Temple (solo) and Alliance vault (solo).
- Inner armor can boost your stats in different ways, depending on which one you use. These stats include::
- HP Increase
- Crit rate
- MP Regeneration
- Balder’s Temple
- Oculus set has been added and replaces the Reliquary set.
- Oculus set drops via class-specific smart boxes.
- Both solo and 5-player versions of Balder’s Temple have been changed to one entry per day.
- Solo dungeons
- Solo dungeons no longer drop pre-enchanted equipment.
- Decreased XP gained from Golden Labyrinth.
- Increased XP gained from Ebon Tower.
- Battleground party matching has been improved.
- Players are now matched with other players who have similar rating within a smaller range.
- Fraywind Canyon
- Players now earn more points when killing a player who has a killing streak of five or more.
- Kills are worth 8 points. Once a player has a five-or-more kill streak, they are worth half the value of their earned kill-streak value when they are killed. ((8*Kills) / 2 = value)
- Example: Player One is on a five-kill streak that has earned that team 40 points. This player is now worth 20 points instead of the base 8 points. If Player Two kills Player One, Player Two earns 20 points for that kill.
- The HP of BAMs in Fraywind Canyon has quadrupled.
- Cry of Retaliation has improved and been added back to Fraywind Canyon.
- Cry of Retaliation I: Increase max HP by 30 percent, power and endurance by 20, and movement by 30. Effect is applied when the kill count gap between the two teams is 15, and it’s turned off when the kill gap is down to 5.
- Cry of Retaliation II: Increase max HP by 50 percent, power and endurance by 30, and movement by 40. Effect is applied when the kill count gap between the two teams is 30, and it’s turned off when the kill gap is down to 20.
- Cry of Retaliation III: Increase max HP by 100 percent, power and endurance by 40, and movement by 50. Effect is applied when the kill count gap between the two teams is 45, and it’s turned off when the kill gap is down to 35.
- Point of view of the Corsairs’ Stronghold cannon has been improved.
Federation Bill Store
- New items have been added to Federation Bill store.
- Death Charger
- Aeolian Zebra
- Nexus Warhorse
- Kelsaik Mask
- Design: Sterling Hauberk
- Design: Sterling Cuirass
- Design: Sterling Robe
- Design: 24-Karat Hauberk
- Design: 24-Karat Cuirass
- Design: 24-Karat Robe
- False Modesty Potion (1-day, 3-day, and 7-day versions)
- Self Confidence Potion (1-day, 3-day, and 7-day versions)
Elite Status Changes
- Elite Bar Changes
- Village Atlas and Travel Journal are now useable directly from the skill bar.
- Village Atlas and Travel Journal will no longer be delivered upon Elite status sign up or renewal with this change.
- Daily Elite Gift Box Changes
- One-day costumes and weapon skin boxes have been removed from the elite gift box loot table.
- The following have been added to the daily elite gift box loot table:
- Federation Bills (x15)
- Premium Alkahests
- General’s Cape (3-day)
- Slash (3-day)
- Cinder (3-day)
- Maximum available character slots per server have increased from 8 to 12.
- Look for a news post with a code to redeem an additional free character slot (not tradable), published immediately after maintenance on May 13.
- Added new hairstyles for the elin.
- Removed equipment remodeling system.
- Items already remodeled will retain their appearance.
- Equipment remodeling NPCs in cities have been removed.
- “Remodelable” and “eligible as template” attributes have been removed from items.
- New craftable style costumes are added to replace the sterling armor set and 24 karat armor set.
- Design recipes have been added to convert the armor sets.
- The designs are available through the federation bill store.
- Reapers cannot use these costumes.
- Masterworked items no longer have yellow borders.
- Priest’s glyph of spirit now correctly displays the effective radius of 4m.
- Sorcerer’s Magma Bomb skill now displays the effect correctly.
- Re-logging into the game no longer resets the main UI position.
- Archer’s Eagle’s Eye and Sniper’s Eye now display the correct tooltip to match the abnormality tooltip.
- Big Game Hunter achievement’s text now displays correctly.
- Other typo corrections and small bug fixes.