December 16, 2014 (server updates begin at 7 a.m. PDT)
- New Continent: Val Oriyn – Cut off from the rest of the world for centuries, Northern Arun is a land of savage jungles, colossal ruins, and the undiscovered homeland of the barakas.
- Added four new zones:
- Savage Reach: Level 60-61
- Spring Valley: Level 61-62
- Ex Prima: Level 62-63
- Arx Umbra: 63-65
- Added baraka city: Highwatch
- Added new reputation faction: Vanguard Initiative
- Each of the new zones (and the city) have new story quests.
- The Vanguard Requests window presents a list of level appropriate daily quests for each zone.
- Press “H” to bring up Vanguard Requests window (or click on the icon next to the mini map).
- Earn weekly bonuses by collecting Vanguard badges
- Collect Vanguard badges by completing quests with the Vanguard badge icon next to the quest’s name.
- Earn roll call bonus by logging in 3, 5, or 7 times a week.
- Collect quest rewards directly from the Vanguard Request UI after completing a quest.
- Vanguard Requests resets every Tuesday at 7am PST.
Level Cap Increased to 65
- New Skills
- Binding Sword: Throws your sword to snare up to 4 enemies and pull them towards you.
- Rallying Cry: Your defiant shout draws aggro while you and party members become immune to knockdown and immobilization.
- Eviscerate: Deals powerful damage and knocks the opponent down.
- Raze: Knocks down enemies around you while moving forward.
- Tackle: Spin your axe to hurl a bolt that knocks down an enemy.
- Unbreakable: Fueled by rage, your HP will not drop below 1 while active.
- Shrouded Escape: Cloak yourself in shadow, reducing aggro and becoming invisible.
- Nova: Unleash a massive explosion, which deals huge damage to enemies within a radius and can knock them down.
- Warp Barrier: Cancel all damage and recover MP with each hit you take while active.
- Thunderbolt: Shoot a concussion arrow. The shock will cause damage and knock enemies back.
- Tenacity: Call on inner reserves to instantly replenish MP. Briefly increases resistance to stun immensely.
- Zenobia’s Vortex: Unleashes a whirlwind, dealing damage to all enemies in its path and briefly throwing them into the air.
- Divine Intervention: Pulls and retrieves a party member in front of the caster.
- Contagion: Infects one target and spread a disease that deals damage over time and decreases enemy’s endurance.
- Vampiric Pulse: Fire a bolt which deals damage to all enemies and heals party members in its path.
- Added higher-level versions of existing skills to account for the new level cap.
- Added new normal and master glyphs for each of the new skills. Master glyphs are available from the reputation stores, and from dungeons (other than level 65 dungeons).
- Added noctenium infusion effects for some of the new skills.
- Adjusted skill balance across all skills.
- Coliseum added: A fast-paced new battleground mode where two teams race each other to defeat waves of mobs and BAMs in a test of skill, strategy, and teamwork.
- Equalized 3 vs 3 battleground
- Level requirement: Level 60-65
- Changed the level at which various battleground quests are acquired.
- Daily quest level for existing battlegrounds updated.
- The quest for Corsairs' Stronghold is now available to characters of level 30–59. The rewards are unchanged.
- The quest for Kumasylum is now available to characters of level 31–59. The rewards are unchanged.
- New battleground quests added for Corsair’s Stronghold and Kumasylum for level 60+ players.
- Battleground matching level expanded.
- Champions’ Skyring and Fraywind Canyon are now level 65 only.
- Gear level for equalized battleground has been increased.
- Adjusted the battleground win/loss record-keeping system to reduce the impact of battlegrounds that terminate abnormally.
- Players affected:
- Kicked by vote
- No reputation reward
- Win/lose count as lose
- Remaining user after opponents left the battleground
- Lose reputation reward is awarded
- Win/Lose count as Tie
- Reward update
- Win/Lose condition changed for Kumasylum ending early when the losing team members leave the BG
- Team that was winning receives win record, reputation credits and item rewards.
- Losing team receives lose record, credits, and no items.
- When all members of winning team leaves the BG early, the BG ends as a tie and lose credits awarded to the other team.
- Corsairs' Stronghold objectives’ HP have been increased
- Outer gate HP increased significantly
- Inner gate HP increased significantly
- Tower HP increased
- Defense cannons’ HP increased
- Mystic’s Thrall of Wrath can no longer be used in Corsairs' Stronghold and Kumasylum.
- Battleground rewards have been updated.
||Contrib. (% of personal score)
|BC 1% (up to 500)
KS 1% (up to 150)
|Fraywind Canyon (Solo & Raid)
|BC 1% (up to 150)
KS 1% (up to 500)
|Fraywind Canyon (Equalized)
|BC 1% (up to 100)
KS 1% (up to 50)
|Champions' Skyring (All)
KS: Killing Spree
- Winning a battleground match rewards 5 fashion coupons, losing a match rewards 2 fashion coupons.
- New Dungeons:
- Sabex Armory (Level 61+, 5-person); 30 minute cooldown (15 minutes for elite)
- Macellarius Catacombs (Level 64+, 5-person); 30 minute cooldown (15 minutes for elite)
- Ravenous Gorge (Level 65, 3-person); can be entered twice daily (four times for elite)
- Bathysmal Rise (Level 65, 5-person) ; can be entered once daily (twice for elite)
- Rift’s Edge entry level updated to 65 and dungeon matching system item requirement updated to 174.
- The Abscess (Hard)
- This is the 5-person version of the dungeon, with Nightmare Krakatox.
- Feedstock now drops instead of fodders.
- Gold drop amount updated.
- Dungeon matching UI now shows tier 5 feedstock as potential reward.
- Dungeon cooldowns updated.
- Balder’s Temple (solo and 5-person): 30 minutes
- Argon Corpus: 2 hours (1 hour for elite)
- Manaya’s Core: 6 hours (3 hours for elite)
- Difficulty for Argon Corpus and Manaya’s Core have been lowered.
- Item level requirement for Argon Corpus has been lowered to 138.
- Rewards for existing dungeons updated and reflected on Dungeon Matching UI.
- Dungeons removed to streamline the flow of level progression:
- Temple of Temerity
- Crucible of Flame
- Sirjuka Gallery
- Manaya’s Core (Hard)
- Kelsaik’s Raid (10-man and 20-man)
- Kezzel’s Gorge
- Shattered Fleet
- Wonderholme (Normal and Hard)
- Lakan’s Prison
- Abscess (7-person)
- Rift’s Edge (Hard)
- Sigil Adstringo
- Ascent of Saravash
- Suryati’s Peak
- Labyrinth of Terror (Hard)
- Ebon Tower (Hard)
- Kelsaik’s Nest (Hard)
- Akasha’s Hideout (Hard)
- Equipment tiers have been condensed into five tiers:
- Tier 1- Tier 5: Tier 1
- Tier 6- Tier 9: Tier 2
- Tier 10- Tier 12: Tier 3
- Tier 13- Tier 14: Tier 4
- Tier 15: Tier 5
- Feedstock and new tiered alkahests are added for enchanting.
- Equipment can now be dismantled into feedstock instead of extracted into basic crafting materials. Each item has a tooltip showing exactly how many and what tier feedstock it will become upon dismantling.
- New alkahests are available from merchants.
- Enchanting is now additionally accessed from a button at the bottom of player’s inventory. (Dismantling and crystal fusion are also available from player’s inventory as well.)
- Removed the UI for the Tier 14 enchantment advancer.
- Enchanting quests changed to fit the new enchanting system.
- Old alkahests are no longer sold by merchants.
- Refined Alkahest is no longer used and can be sold to merchants at the original sale price.
- Godly alkahest and refined godly alkahest can only be used for tier 3 items or below.
- Increase Feedstock Tier popup confirmation window with warning message added.
- Feedstocks used (including the amount used for failed attempts) to enchant gear can be recovered via the dismantling process.
- Forge Stoke is no longer purchasable. Player can now right-click their leftover Forge Stoke and exchange it for Feedstock.
Crystal Refinement System
- Crystal Fusion System
- Players can now fuse fine crystals through the inventory UI.
- Fusing three fine crystals of the same rank results in a random fine crystal of that rank.
- New Crystals
- Reorganized and clarified how crystals are sold by changing the inventories of crystal merchants and removing crystals from specialty stores.
Gathering and Crafting
- New Crafting items and recipes added
- New alchemy items and designs have been added.
- New materials and designs for gears and brooches have been added.
- New gatherables added
- Tier 6 gatherables have been added to new hunting zones.
- Gathering proficiencies are increased to max 350.
- Minimum level requirement for gathering resources has been added.
- Test requirements for obtaining the master crafting rank have been changed.
- A “Show All” checkbox for recipes has been added in the crafting window.
- Alchemy recipes’ difficulty reduced and material drop rewards changed.
Leveling Zone Refinements
- Teleportals in towns allow travel to hunting zones and other towns in the region. Player can now also use a town teleportal to move to a dungeon entrance teleportal (and can use the dungeon entrance teleportal to return to town).
- Movement increase motes will drop in Island of Dawn.
- Certain village NPCs will guide players through popup dialogues.
- Added traveling merchants and bankers to hunting zone camps.
- Changed the teleportal guide NPCs in towns to actual teleportals.
- Added text to the teleportals on maps for better identification.
- Added user guide access through the Vanguard’s requests window.
Alliance Vault Updates
- Level cap for Alliance Vaults increased to 65.
- Enemies updated in Alliance Vaults.
- Special buff is added to healing classes entering the solo Alliance Vault.
- Rewards and drop rates are updated for Alliance Vault.
- Added 91 new achievements, including several with reward items.
- Rewards will now go directly into the player's inventory.
- If the player's inventory is full, any rewards will be delivered.
- Added new PVP and PVE gear, some of which can be obtained for completing story quests and achievements.
- Walking added: use / key on numpad to toggle between walking and running.
- Each race/gender has different walking speeds.
- Run/walk toggle shortcut can be customized in Options > Shortcuts
- Player automatically switches to running when entering combat or riding a mount.
- Player remains at a walking speed in the following conditions:
- Use a skill in a non-combat state
- Fall from a great height
- Affected certain movement-affecting abnormalities.
- Avatar Weapons
- Two new avatar weapons added
- Ishara: 8 pieces, collecting starts at level 60.
- Oriyn: 15 pieces, collecting starts at level 62.
- Dagon weapons can now trigger critical hits against level 60 monsters.
- Adjusted the number of pieces required for some relic weapons:
- Amarun’s relic pieces: 19
- Gidd’s relic pieces: 21
- Karas’s relic pieces: 17
- Dagon’s relic pieces: 13
- Northern Arun teleport locations added to Village Atlas:
- Tempest Outpost
- Hulran Watch
- Amadjuak Trading Post
- Khirian Sanctuary
- Nexus guide quests and spawns have been disabled.
- Refinement made to overlay map for Heartwood and Startree Forest to address issues with elevation differences.
- Items in Elite Consumable Box are no longer tradeable.