February 23, 2012
COOL NEW STUFF
- PvP is now available on two servers. Mayhem starts at level 11, so be prepared!
- Valley of the Titans
- Jagged Coast
- PvE is still available on Arachnaea and Serpentis Isle
- Guild vs Guild battles are now on. We have substantially reduced the costs for guild battles to make it easy to challenge other guilds during the Closed Beta Test period.
- 30,000 gold to wage war
- 3,000 gold to forfeit or punk out
- Added “/bug” command for you to report game problems you encounter during beta. Note: you don’t have to report insects you encounter while playing.
- Removed two chat channels (Trade, LFG) from server-wide chat to help reduce unnecessary clutter for newly created characters. You’re not in Barrens chat anymore!
- Increased default UI scale to 90 (from 80) to ease readability; you can change UI scale in the control panel any time you’d like.
BUG SQUASHES…you spoke up and we listened!
- Vekas the Wicked Tree on the Island of Dawn will now spawn three in the area to aid the completion of the quest. We’ve also shortened the respawn timers:
- Vekas: 20 sec down to 10 sec
- Acharak: 20 sec down to 10 sec
- Kugai: 20 sec down to 10 sec
- Level 11 mount quest no longer requires users to collect carrots. The new quest allows users to complete the quest within Velika. How ‘bout them apples?
- Piglings no longer drop large sums of gold. Sadly, they don’t drop bacon either.
- Crashes when switching between game servers or exiting a server queue have been corrected. Similarly, players will not get stuck in the waiting queue when a server is restarted.
- Servers will always be displayed in the “Select Server” screen. Previously, some players experienced blank lists.
- Players will not stay in the queue when a server crashes or is restarted. The queue will be restarted as well.
What happened? – Some things to look out for.
- Keeping the Quota – Quest item is scarce, and harder to find when user base is high. For a place called Lumbertown, you’d think there’d be more wood lying around.
- Circle the Wagons – Cinematic will not render environmental detail if player has Distant Environmental detail below the max setting of six.
- Guild slash commands (/gkick, /guildkick, /gmaster, /guildmaster) are case sensitive to the player’s name. Your guild leader remains as insensitive to your needs as ever.
- If a server crashes while player is in queue, player will enter Character Select.
- Cancelling a teleport still consumes the scroll. Magic is complicated business.
- Group members do not stay in same channel when zoning.
- Mystic thrall re-engages monster after player dies. We hope to tone down this undying loyalty.
- Using a controller changes the default skill direction to character direction.
- Players need a “back button” to toggle the game controller's on-screen display UI off.
- Players may experience a black screen when going from game to server select; a client restart will fix this.
- Dynamic Veridian – This mount quest will appear twice now if you are level 11 and log into 16.03.05. You still can’t ride two horses at once unless you’re a circus performer.
- Queues are displaying ordinals incorrectly. (“You are 1th} in line.”) We apologize for the 2thache.
Back to TERA patch notes
Next: Beta Patch 16.03.06 March 7, 2012
Beta Patch 16.03.05 February 23, 2012
Previous: Beta Patch 16.03.04 February 14, 2012