TERA: Rising Patch 19.04.02
February 5, 2013 (server updates begin at 7 a.m. PST)
Account Status | Nexus Changes | Server Transfers | Quests and Factions | Dungeons | Classes
Glyphs | Crafting | Gathering | Enchantment/Masterworking | Items | Monsters
Miscellaneous Changes | Bugs Squashed | Known Issues | Additional Changes
Greetings, puny mortals! I, Killian, welcome you to TERA: Rising. Below you’ll find all the delightful ways I’m going to torture play with all the newcomers.
I hear everything’s “free” now. Well, no one asked me about that. I hate freedom…it gives mortals “ideas” and eventually “aspirations.” You’re all my toys, nothing more. You’re not free at all! Whose idea was all this “free” nonsense? Was it you, Treeshark? EXTRA TORTURE FOR YOU!
I guess the upside is that now there’ll be more delicious mortals—more pain I can give. Because I’m a giver—always have been. It’s free-to-PAIN now in TERA! Mua ha ha ha!
—Killian, god of pain
If you want to know how accounts have changed, please check out our FAQ.
- Nexus Traverse minimum party size has changed from 10 to 7, in case you can’t find enough brave souls to die with you.
- Nexus Largesse buff has been added to Nexus Traverse.
- The buff increases drop rate on traverse sovereign and traverse mutilators.
- The buff stacks once for each player grouped inside Nexus Traverse.
- Nexus reputation reward costs have been lowered for tier 13 and 14 equipment.
- Nexus times have changed to noon and 7 p.m. Pacific time every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, find your own ways to die.
- Server transfers are now available between Mount Tyrannas, Celestial Hills, and Tempest Reach.
- You must be level 40 or above to transfer servers.
- Server transfer cooldowns increased from 7 to 30 days.
- PvPers transferring to PvE with infamy will display the Outlaw circle upon first logging in. This is a graphical bug; no actual PvP will be allowed for that player. Logging out and back in will remove this circle.
- PvPers trying to transfer to a PvE server with the Manual: Outlaw Declaration will find that manual to be unusable and not tradable.
- The Champions’ Skyring (3v3) is now live! Please check out the details on our Champions’ Skyring game guide page.
- Your team can opt to play for practice or for rank. Or, as we call it, the schoolyard or the killing floor.
- Ranked results affect both Bellicarium and the new Killing Spree reputation.
- Fraywind Canyon
- A notification message is now displayed when a BAM dies. Apparently, being crushed underneath it isn’t a clear enough message.
- Offline users are now kicked from the team if they remain offline long enough.
- A player’s HP/MP automatically replenishes upon entering/exiting Fraywind Canyon.
- The desperate resolve buff has been modified.
- It now activates at 1,300 points and deactivates at 500.
- Power and Endurance now increase by 40 instead of 60.
- It does not activate during the first 2,000 points scored. You weren’t that desperate, were you?
- The powerful morale buff from the teralith has been modified.
- Endurance now increases by 20 (instead of 40), and attack speed increases by 20% (instead of 30%).
- Objects in spawn points now continually grant the clemency buff.
- Buff makes you invincible and is granted at the base.
- Buff lasts until you attack. If you don’t initiate combat, it lasts a minimum of 10 seconds—longer if you remain at the base. But only weaklings cower at the base!
- An additional 80 points are added to winning team’s leader’s battleground score.
- When you die, time left until resurrection is now displayed in green.
- When you resurrect, the camera will point toward the base entrance, because we all know how disorienting death can be.
- Kills now add 8 points to the total match score (was 5).
- Rain of Arrows and Hail Storm visuals have been modified to more easily tell the difference between enemies’ and allies’ attacks. Apparently that’s important or something.
Quests and Factions
- Several Lumbertown quests have changed.
- Strife in Fey Forest: The spawn time for gatherables has changed to 10 seconds (down from 30 seconds), and gatherables have been moved closer to town. Gardeners and their free time...
- Keeping the Quota: Gatherables are available at 10 nodes (was 19 nodes). The woodcutters are slacking even more than usual.
- Faeries in a Fix: If you have not completed the quest, the quest has been reset and cancelled. Talk to NPC Verus to receive the quest again.
- Other Fey Forest quests: Other quests have had minor changes. Receive quests from NPCs in Lumbertown if you have not already completed them.
- New daily quests are available, and other changes have been made to daily quest rewards.
- Two new factions offer daily quests.
- Jax Trust
- This “legitimate business owner” and his associates offer quests from Cutthroat Harbor.
- Level 60 characters automatically get favorable reputation with Jax Trust. Beats waking up next to a horse’s head!
- Unified Theory Institute
- These scientists in Allemantheia seek to meld magic and technology.
- Level 60 characters automatically get favorable reputation with the institute.
- The institute offers the new Sheldon turtle mount reward for those with revered reputation and 10,000 gold. It’s turtles all the way down.
- Killing Spree reputation has been added. Earn it by battling in Champions’ Skyring.
- All daily quests reward 20% more gold.
- The quest requirement for party matching in Kelsaik’s Nest has been removed. This one was Killian’s idea—something about “seriously, they need the practice.”
- Sirjuka Gallery’s gold reward has increased.
- Argon Corpus
- Reduced collisions with mesh railings near room entrances, and improved camera behavior near railings.
- Fixed translucent effects of objects within the corpus.
- Temple of Temerity
- Increased dire badge rewards. Sadly, no increase in dire badgers.
- Dire badges are now tradable.
- Rewards are given when you kill the third named mob. No rewards when you name the third killed mob, though.
- Crucible of Flame
- The Crucible of Flame is now here! The gods wish to test you—will you answer the call?
- See our Crucible of Flame game guide for more details.
- This dungeon has been added to the party matching system or can be accessed from Vold, an NPC in Velika.
- The new “The Eye of the Fire” quest is an introduction to the crucible.
- Rain of Arrows attack speed has increased.
- Damage dispersion for Arrow Volley has been removed.
- Backstab cooldown has changed to 28 seconds.
- Rising Fury has an increased chance of knockdown.
- Smoke Aggressor now generates more aggro.
- Slayer: In Cold Blood increases your damage by 10%.
- Mindblast and Time Gyre now have 50% duration if they hit two enemies and 25% duration if they hit three enemies.
- Hail Storm is now available at level 48 and increases every four levels.
- Fiery Escape’s slow effect has changed to 50%, and the duration has increased to eight seconds. If you still can’t get to safety, there may be no hope for you.
- Purifying Circle’s effect does not occur while casting, and the MP cost is lowered to 300.
- Heal Thyself now has a shorter casting time.
- Focus Heal’s MP cost has changed to 350.
- Healing Immersion’s MP cost has lowered to 500.
- Healing Circle’s MP cost has lowered to 450.
- Kaia’s Shield’s cooldown has reduced to 50 seconds.
- Guardian Sanctuary’s cooldown has reduced to 35 seconds.
- The cooldown for Metamorphic Blast has decreased from 3.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- When the Thrall of Protection succeeds in a normal attack, it spreads aggro to nearby monsters.
- Sonorous Dreams, Curse of Confusion, and Mire now have 50% duration if they hit two enemies and 25% duration if they hit three enemies.
- Glyph templates and a toggling function have been added. For more details, please check out upcoming changes to our game guide.
- Overpower—glyph of sap (chance to add stun effect) changed to glyph of boost (increases skill power by 10% for next attack).
- Evasive Roll—glyph of opportunity (chance to clear the cooldown of Backstab) changed to glyph of powerlink (increases damage by 25% for the next chain skill: Backstab).
- Distant Blade—glyph of numbing now has a chance to decrease opponent’s attack speed by 15% (down from 30%).
- Teleport Jaunt—glyph of persistence (35% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 15%).
- Fireblast—glyph of sharing (increases damage when hitting multiple targets) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 10%).
- Flame Pillar—glyph of sharing (increases damage when hitting multiple targets) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 20%).
- Teleport Jaunt—glyph of persistence (35% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 25%).
- Arun’s Vitae—glyph of restoration now restores 30% HP (was 10%).
- Warding Totem—glyph of brilliance now costs 3 glyph points (was 4).
- Priest: Fiery Escape—glyph of persistence (35% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 15%).
- Archer: Close Quarters—glyph of persistence (20% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of power (increases skill damage by 100%).
- Cascade of Stuns—glyph of persistence (30% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of energy (reduces cooldown by 25%).
- Rising Fury—glyph of numbing now has a chance to decrease opponent’s attack speed by 15% (down from 30%).
- Backstab—glyph of persistence (30% chance to eliminate cooldown) changed to glyph of advantage (increases edge).
- Staggering Counter—glyph of opportunity (chance to clear the cooldown of Cascade of Stuns) changed to glyph of powerlink (increases skill damage by 10% of the next chain skill: Cascade of Stuns).
- Crafting has been overhauled to streamline the process and simplify the amount of additional materials needed. See the upcoming changes to the Crafting game guide.
- Some old crafting recipes are no longer usable and are marked as “worn recipes.” Those recipes can be sold back to merchants for their original purchase price. Pack rats rejoice!
- New crafting recipes are available.
- New reagents exist for all levels of crafting. They’re more flexible than the old ones and will work for multiple professions.
- Old reagents that are no longer usable can be sold back to merchants for the original purchase price.
- A dedicated crafter’s scroll that increases crafting speed and its recipe have been added.
- It increases crafting speed by 50% for one hour and stacks with Kaiator midnight oil.
- The recipe for the scroll is available at alchemy formula vendors in cities.
- A gatherfaster scroll that increases gathering speed and its recipe have been added.
- It increases gathering speed by 30% for 30 minutes.
- The recipe for the scroll is available at alchemy formula vendors in cities.
- Major potion recipes, major elixir recipes, and all holism recipes were removed.
- Crafting of restoratives and draughts is now simpler.
- They no longer come from critical successes for crafting elixirs or potions.
- Rarity has been changed to uncommon.
- They’re crafted with processed materials, despite the picketing from the “raw foods” movement.
- Recipes can be purchased from alchemy formula vendors in cities.
- Cooldowns have been reduced for crafted potions and some scrolls.
- Healing restoration now has a separate cooldown from mana restoration.
- Crafting visionmaker items now requires less cyasmic oil. Cyasmic oil is now purchasable from the Invalesco. And it’s tasty too. Drink it. Drink it!
- Crafting the conjunct set is now less expensive.
- Gathering progressions and success rates have improved.
- When gathering materials of the same proficiency level, success rate has increased to 100%.
- Gathering now always levels up proficiency to tier maximum.
- The rewards have changed for plentiful nodes.
- Drop rates for plentiful nodes differ from normal gatherable nodes.
- Plentiful nodes have 50% greater chance of dropping uncommon gathering materials.
- Ores are the same as before. There are no useful superior ores. Ore are there?
- Monsters drop fewer ores, fibers, and essences. Their hides, however, are just as plentiful—and you know how to “gather” those.
- Gathering time has been reduced for ores, plants, and energy.
- Gathering now supplies an increased number of items.
- Extraction now produces a decreased number of items.
- The enchantment compensation system now increases the success rate after a number of enchanting failures.
- The success rate increase depends on the alkahest type and the grade of the enchanting materials (fodder).
- The success rate increase does not depend on the item tier.
- Gear from dungeons now has a chance to drop with masterwork status (not including bind-on-pickup and nonenchantable items).
- Masterwork alkahest and spellbinds are no longer available from specialty stores, and their sell prices have changed.
- All gear will now be identified when dropped. And the world is less enigmatic.
- The drop rate of masterwork alkahests in level 58–60 dungeons has increased.
- Fraywind armor set chest piece now enchants to PvP defense 5.
- The effects of some consumable items have changed.
- Expedition healing potion now restores 287 HP every second for 10 seconds (was 140 HP every second for 12 seconds).
- Valiant potion increases HP recovery by 6% for 5 seconds.
- All cosmetic items from the store are now destroyable. You can finally get rid of that Christmas gear cluttering up your bank!
- The PvP stats for visionmaker weapons have decreased.
- The base weapon and armor stats for the conjunct set have increased.
- Conjunct weapons’ attack-from-behind PvP stat has increased to 10.
- Victor’s set is now bind on equip.
- The following monsters are no longer elite: Zuulrakar, Nurkrasid, Valursus, Masakrad, and Saraeno. Guess they missed the “elite status” option in the store.
- Added new world bosses across three zones.
- These bosses spread aggro to other monsters in their group or to all possible monsters within range.
- These bosses have better stats than other monsters of the same level and provide four to six times the experience of other monsters at that level.
- These bosses drop new buffs and jewelry items. Because on them, it just looks tacky.
- Chat channels are now level restricted.
- Area chat is available to levels 5 and up.
- Trade and LFG chat is available to levels 12 and up.
- Global chat is available to levels 20 and up, and chat frequency limits and mute times have increased.
- You must be level 40 to vote in elections.
- Campfire and Santa candle effects no longer overlap. You no overlap candle!
- The shadow steed mount now drops in Ebon Tower (hard). It is no longer a quest reward for “Crossing the Streams.”
- The following mount changes apply only to mounts you do not already own. The changes are not retroactive.
- The mount reward for the achievement “End of the Ride” (Death Charger) now has a movement speed of 275 (was 280).
- The Aeolian Zebra that drops in Balder’s Temple (hard), Fane of Kaprima (hard), and Kelsaik’s Nest (hard) now has a movement speed of 275 (was 280).
- The mount reward for the quest “Mount Up” (Black Leopard) now has a movement speed of 275 (was 280).
- Krokan is no longer required for the “Better Dead Than Red” achievement.
- The quests for Suryati’s Peak and the actual dungeon level now align.
- Text for button in Lashinuk’s dialog has been populated.
- “The Desert Jewel” cinematic subtitles have changed to allow easier reading.
- The Red Lash archer arrows now appear…normal.
- The glyph “Indignant Glacial Retreat” has been fixed. So there!
- Moving Nexus Sovereign into the second room no longer prevents adds from aggroing.
- Charges on applicable skills can no longer be “stored” if interrupted by specific skills.
- A clemency buff protects players against Meteor attacks while in their base.
- The cosmetic effect for the “Murderous Intent” skill remains on the weapon after the buff runs out.
- Players on the pegasus when they accept a battleground queue will fall to the ground when they leave the battleground.
^ Back to Top
Certain skills now cause Staggers while PVPing
- Warrior - First strike of Combo Attack and Combative Strike
- Lancer - 2nd strike of Combo Attack, Shield Counter and Shield Barrage
- Slayer - First strike of Combo Attack, Whirlwind and Fury Strike
- Berserker - First strike of Combo Attack and Mocking Shout
- Sorcerer - Magma Bomb
- Archer - Rapid Fire and Final Salvo
Certain skills now cause Knockdown while PVPing
- Warrior - Reaping Slash and Scythe
- Lancer - Wallop
- Slayer - Knockdown Strike and Measured Slice
- Berserker- Flatten and Thunderstrike
- Sorcerer - Painful Trap
- Archer - Radiant Arrow and Explosion Trap
- Priest- Final Reprisal
- Mystic - Metamorphic Smite
Invincible frames have now been added to certain skills
- Lancer - Backstep
- Sorcerer - Backstep and Teleport Jaunt
- Archer - Backstep
- Mystic - Teleport Jaunt
- Priest - Backstep
Certain skills now have effects that cannot be cleansed/removed
- Lancer - Menacing Wave
- Berserker - Fearsome Shout and Inescapable Doom
- Sorcerer - Burning Breath
- Archer - Velik's Mark and Restraining Arrow
- Mystic - Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of Confusion
- Priest - Plague of Exhaustion
Players in PVP will now land an effect above 90% probability assuming their target has no resist buff that is specific to that effect.
Camera movement speed has been increased for Backstab (Warrior, Slayer), and Teleport Jaunt (Sorcerer, Mystic)
Fraywind and Agnitor gears are now BoE.
Fine Savage Crux now modifies at 1.2x damage
- Cascade of Stuns now has a 20 second cooldown
- Mangle movement speed decreases to 15%
- Combative Strike recovery effect decreases by 50% when PVPing
- Staggering Counter effect duration when PVPing changes to 3 seconds
- A buff preventing players who are using Retaliate from knockdown is generated for 2 seconds
- The cooldown on Chained Leash is now 70 seconds
- Debilitate recovery effect decreases by 50% when PVPing
- Menacing Wave attack and movement speed decreased to 15%
- Shield Barrage effect duration when PVPing is now 2 seconds
- Charging Lunge no longer passes through monsters
- Onslaught PVP damage is now 60%
- Shield Barrage PVP damage is now 120%
- Lockdown Blow PVP damage is now 120%
- Wallop PVP damage is now 145%
- Knockdown Strike PVP damage is now 110%
- Backstab PVP damage is now 80%
- Overhand Strike PVP damage is now 105%
- Stunning Backhand PVP damage is now 120%
- Measured Slice PVP damage is now 80%
- Fearsome Shout PVP fear effect now ends if target is attacked
- Inescapable Doom duration changes to 6 seconds
- Mocking Shout complete immunity against weakening effects
- These skills can now be used while under Inescapable Doom - Fiery Escape (priest), Breakaway Bolt (archer) and Glacial Retreat (sorcerer)
- Thunderstrike PVP damage is now 90%
- Stunning Trap duration is now 4 seconds
- Restraining Arrow attack speed decreases by 15%
- Sniper's Eye skill damage increases by 15% when PVPing and no longer reduces 10 MP per second
- Eagle's Eye skill damage increases by 15% when PVPing and no longer reduces 10 MP per second
- MP recovery through general attacks increased by 1.5 times
- MP recovery of Rapid Fire and Final Salvo increased by 2 times
- Rain of Arrows PVP damage is now 90%
- Mindblast cooldown is now 20 seconds
- Nerve Exhaustion cooldown is now 60 seconds
- Burning Breath cooldown is now 20 seconds
- Time Gyre cooldown is now 20 seconds
- Nerve Exhaustion will now make targets unable to use all skills for 4 seconds
- Time Gyre duration is now 5 seconds while PVPing
- Mind Blast duration is now 6 seconds while PVPing
- Mana Volley now consumes no MP
- Movement speed of projectile skills increases in Ice Needle and Void Pulse
- Lightning Trap skill now explodes immediately upon being cast if someone is within the trap
- Painful Trap casting speed increases and the skill now explodes immediately upon being cast if someone is within the trap
- Some skills can now be used while under the effects of Time Gyre - Fiery Escape (priest), Breakaway Bolt (archer) and Glacial Retreat (sorcerer)
- All skills damage have been boosted by 110% while PVPing
- Magma Bomb PVP damage is now 120%
- Flaming Barrage PVP damage is now 120%
- Ishara's Lullabye cooldown is changed to 30 seconds and duration is now 8 seconds
- Guardian Sanctuary duration has changed to 5 seconds and now has complete immunity against movement effects
- Arun's Vitae cooldown is now 8 seconds
- Arun's Tears cooldown is now 8 seconds
- Sonorous Dreams cooldown is now 30 seconds
- Curse of Confusion cooldown is now 60 seconds
- Mire cooldown is now 30 seconds and duration is now 8 seconds
- Curse of Exhaustion duration is now 8 seconds
- Curse of Confusion PVP fear effect now ends if target is attacked
- Titanic Favor is now 400 MP
- Arun's Cleansing Touch is now 400 MP
- Arun's Tears is now 250 MP
- Sonorous Dreams is now 250 MP
- Curse of Confusion is now 625 MP
- Curse of Exhaustion is now 700 MP
- Mire is now 625 MP
- Warding Totem is now 600 MP
- Aura of the Merciless, Aura of the Swift, Aura of the Unyielding and Aura of the Tenacious effect range is increased to 30m
- Arun's Vitae and Arun's Tears skill casting speed is increased by about 25%
- Restoring time of Arun's Vitae decreases to 5 seconds
- Total amount of restoration of Arun's Vitae increases about 30%
Back to TERA patch notes