Thieves have disguised themselves as Santas and stolen gifts meant for the good citizens of the Valkyon Federation!
These treacherous thieves spend most of their time in hiding, but for a few hours each day this holiday season, they will run rampant across the world of TERA, and only you can stop them! Whenever you spot a Santa, attack them as soon as possible for a chance to collect a shiny Locked Toy Box!
While you may not get a Locked Toy Box each time you take down an imposter, the thieves have stuffed their sacks with all sorts of other loot. In addition to a guaranteed haul of 3 Wintera Tokens (which can be exchanged for special items during our Wintera Event, as described below), a Locked Toy Box may also contain one of these fantastic gifts:
- Cold War Bomber Smart Box
- Footsteps: Wintry Penguin
- Santa Suit Smart Box
- Santa Cap
- Brilliant Enchanting Chests
- Champion's Enchanting Chests
- Golden Plates
- Silver Plates
You will need a Toy Box Key to open your prize, and every day during the False Santa Hunt event (Tuesday, December 17 – Tuesday, December 31) we'll send you a Toy Box Key via parcel post. You can also pick up more Toy Box Keys from the in-game TERA Store! Here’s a list of times when you can expect to find Santas around the world of TERA.
- 1st Wave:
- 20:00 – 00:00 UTC (Noon – 4 p.m. PST)
- 2nd Wave
- 04:00 – 08:00 UTC (8 p.m – Midnight PST)
- 1st Wave:
- 12:00 – 16:00 UTC (4 a.m. – 8 a.m. PST)
- 2nd Wave:
- 20:00 – 24:00 UTC (Noon – 4 p.m. PST)
False Santas can also drop potent consumables like Friendly Feasts, Strong Bravery Potions, Lein's Dark Root Beer, Squash Pie and Castanica Midnight Oil; or useful items like Baronial Guild Supplies, Veteran Guardian Crates, Smart Dyad Niveot Structures, Fireworks, Fashion Coupons, and Rainbow Bait. Some may even drop an entirely new item called Transparent Mask, that provides the ability to reveal your face while you have a combat mask equipped.
The bigger the fake Santa, the better the presents you can win, so keep an eye out for the big guys!
Here are the False Santas we've identified:
- Tiny Santa
- These little guys may be tough to spot, but they're easy to take down.
- Fat Santa
- You'll have to work a bit harder at smashing a Fat Santa, but the effort will be well worth it.
- Sante Glause
- A Big-Ass Santa carrying so many stolen gifts his sack is about to burst! You might have to work together with your friends to defeat him!
- Wintera Returns
- For a change of pace from Santa hunting, enter the fray in our popular Wintera Snowfield battleground, where after a relaxing snowball fight you’ll receive Wintera Tokens to exchange for some festive seasonal rewards. The more fights you win, the better rewards you’ll get! (Note: We identified an issue with the Wintera Snowfield battleground on the Europe servers, so we have temporarily suspended it. We are planning a maintenance to resolve the issue soon, and will re-open Wintera as soon as we can.)