TERA is giving out five free character slots to each and every player on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, just for logging in from Monday, August 13 at 10:00 a.m. PDT until Monday, August 20 at 11:59 a.m. PDT.
All you have to do to qualify for these free character slots is to log in at any time during the week before the server merge—and then be sure to apply those five free character slots to the server where you have the most characters (because that’s the one that will become your new default server).
Speaking of the server merge, are you ready? We’ve compiled a handy pre-merge checklist to help you prepare:
- Claim your 5 Additional Character Slots between August 13 and August 20.
- Apply your Additional Character Slots to the server where you have the most characters (to accommodate your characters from other servers of that type) and note the total number of Character Slots you have here.
- Identify characters on any server that you don’t need, save any important items and gold they might have, then delete them until the total number of active characters remaining on that server type is equal to or less than the total amount of Character Slots you just noted above.
- Confirm that any Guild you might be a part of has more than two members. (If a guild drops below two members for any reason—such as characters being removed during the merge—the Guild will disband.)
- Remove any items you have listed with the Trade Broker.
- Come up with several backup character names, in case any of your favorite names are already taken on your new server.
Remember, the server merge takes place on Tuesday, August 21—so make sure to complete these steps before then!