Sunshine and sandy beaches means the TERA Summer Festival is almost here! This summer, you can expect plenty of action with special quests, mini-games, and brand-new swimsuits! Now, if only we could do something about this crab infestation...
Blood on the Beach
Seriously, we’ve got crabs. Before we can kick off the festival, we need a little help to clear the beaches. Beginning Thursday, June 6, and lasting until Wednesday, June 19, roll up your sleeves and kill some crabs!
The invasions begin with a legion of Harbor Hermit Crabs. As you push back the tide, a wave of Hot Spring Crabs joins the fray, followed by the appearance of Kaithan, the King of Crabs!
Crabs will appear around the world at both “low” and “high” tides:
- TERA PC - 9am to Noon PDT / 8pm to 11pm PDT
- Console NA - 03:00 to 06:00 UTC / 16:00 to 19:00 UTC
- Console EU - 09:00 to 12:00 UTC / 20:00 to 23:00 UTC
- Console JP - 00:00 to 03:00 UTC / 11:00 to 14:00 UTC
For those looking for more than just glory, crabs are attracted to all things shiny, and may drop gems, consumables, gold or silver talents, and even the fabled Shrimp Head accessory.
Once the crabs are driven back into the sea, the Summer Festival begins in earnest on Thursday, June 20, with a fresh round of partying on the beaches of Ostgarath, and the annual reunion of the Consos Clan in Balder’s Refuge.
Each event that you complete at the Festival of the Sun rewards you with Tokens. Each event that you complete at the Beach Bash or the Banquet of Blood (accessible from the Festival of the Sun) rewards you with Tokens. These tokens can be redeemed for various rewards throughout the Summer Festival.
The Summer Festival ends in early August, so get out there and enjoy the summer while it lasts!
The Beach Bash
The Castanica Beach Bash is located on Dragonturtle Beach and Kerozen Isle, along the coast of Ostgarath just north of Castanica. Talk to mini-game coordinators to play these exciting mini-games:
- Splash Cannon Mini-Game
- Speak to the mini-game coordinator, then shoot water at the demons out in the surf for points: red sea monsters give you points, blue sea monsters cost you points.
- Watermelon Mini-Game
- Tie on a blindfold and get to smashing watermelons. Don’t confuse them with the barrels, though—they sound just like the watermelons, but don’t give you any points.
- Collect sand from around the beach and build as many sandcastles as you can. Build enough, and you can get magic items that let you build sandcastles anywhere—whenever you like.
- While the mini-games and sandcastles are available to all levels, quests associated with the beach party are only available to characters level 48 and higher, so level up quick to be sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun (or rewards)!
Festival of the Sun
Journey to the Temple of the Sun in Balder's Refuge and help the Consos Clan priests get their temple back in order (Festival of the Sun events and quests are for characters level 58 and higher).
Fight off the Monsters
Your first step on the festival quest sends you through the many rooms of the Temple of the Sun, clearing out the vermin that have moved in since last year.
Once that's done, you're tasked with helping clean up their mess: Droppings, garbage, and graffiti are all fair game for this group of daily quests. Help the Temple of the Sun shine the way it was always meant to!
Of course, the Festival of the Sun’s daily quests are randomized, so you won’t know what you’re in for on any given day until you log in. To maximize your event rewards, check back every day and complete all the quests!
If all that work gets you ready to cool off with a snack, you're in luck—You can make yourself a sweet iced dessert by collecting ingredients around the festival site.